Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Had a Bad Day . . .

Well, actually, it was a really, really good day . . . till the end.

See, I am bad at asking for help. I can usually (most of the time) accept it when it's offered - and that's gotten better with time and practice. Today I did - sort of . . .

The Sweet Man knew that I needed - something - heck, maybe anything, to be a pleasant break, a few hours away from all that is swirling in my head, and invited me on a short road trip to TN. Yes! So after a road side breakfast at Cracker Barrel (c'mon, you know you like it, too!) we rounded out the day with a nice late-lunch/early-dinner. This man loves me, knows how to feed me and is patient with my proclivities. He could also tell I was getting antsy and not feeling so hot. So, things like this were in order . . . 

A very nice crab and lobster cake at a cute little downtown Chattavegas spot!
Along with a tasty, simple Caesar and followed by . . .

Delightful, lightly battered cod fish-n-chips!
Well, we ate well. And he deposited me at home. I thought about what to do for the evening and I made some not-so-great choices. Was I hungry? Just a chicken (for lack of a better pun)? I don't know yet. But I've got to figure it out, and fast, for lots of reasons.

Food for thought, indeed.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment