Sunday, October 20, 2013

Random Happy Post

I thought I'd change things up, and I got inspired.

Food + family + friends + life + memories . . . = love.

True?

True.

So, when I had that thought, I got sentimental and it occurred to me . . . "What are ten of my favorite food and love moments, ever?"

Here goes . . . (in no particular order, mind you)

1. The filet I ordered at age seven or so, at The Ritz Carlton Naples - Mom and Dad weren't sure I knew what I was doing but indulged me anyway, and I ate every bite of that 14 oz of deliciousness! (Sorry, this happened back in the day when we couldn't document all so the best I could do was a pic of the hotel itself...)


2. The squid-ink pasta I dared to try with my friends on one of our weekend trips to yet another Tuscan city, the semester I spent in Rome . . . strange to look at but sooo delicious!


3. My own asparagus pizza, shared with a dearest friend one happy and sunny day last year . . .



4. Mom's sausage and cheese biscuits - enough said!

We made a batch for work on Friday for a manager's birthday - HUGE hit!!

5. 36th Birthday Tiramisu at Il Vagabando . . . for so many reasons, it was the sweetest thing.


6. Eggs. In all forms - with J, at home, out . . . too many times to count so here are three faves . . . 

The boy makes a mean frittata!
Breakfast love at ABE
And this is how I roll at home with the egg sammies...
6. Burger-gasm. Yep, I said it. It's that good.

C'mon - you know it's H+F, right?
7. This always, always makes my heart smile when I have it, especially with one of my oldest besties . . . 

Classic: Houston's smoked salmon.

8. My Grandmother's creamed corn. I don't eat it anymore because no one will ever make it like she did and she always made an extra batch so my cousin Rett and I wouldn't fight over who had enough...Love, heart and soul on a plate, y'all!


9. The first Thanksgiving dinner I planned, cooked and hosted solo - for 14 (in 2007)!! From apps and cocktails to turkey and such, I pulled it all off - and it was just such a fun, ginny night as the saying goes!


10. A perfect day of lunch, food, and love - in a beautiful setting . . . 

Lunch at Wente Vineyards

I firmly believe we associate memories with food and vice versa - good and bad!- and these are a few of my favorite moments, eats and memories. Think about yours! It will make your heart happy.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment