Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dear Friends . . .

Oh, y'all.

I have not been sure how to address this, so let's go for it, head on: I stupidly, unintentionally deleted one of my most favorite posts I have ever written. Titled "Pretty Baby" . . . some of you may have read it.

It was so - transparent. It was so - me. And it was so - not saved anywhere else.

So - what now?

This has bothered me ever since that {*thing*} happened [btw- I almost just said ... since TGD so if you read my older posts, you know why that is funny . . .and how it puts Real Stuff into perspective] . . . my words were gone! My thoughts taken! My feelings . . .

Oh, shut the hell up, CN. 

Let's break it down . . . for real and with the same honesty as that post I wrote that made me proud to have written.

My face is - mostly- back . . . 


What could I complain about - a little bruising still under my cheek?

What can I complain about? Nothing. I can complain about  nothing. And that picture was from August, so I have had months since to keep getting "better."

I still have a  bit of bruising on the cheek that was almost destroyed - but only just enough that a customer at work the other night thought it was just a little smudge . . .

And so: this is really a precursor to the post that's been formulating in my head for a bit now.

I hope, as Thanksgiving (my least favorite holiday but possibly yours) approaches, you are thinking of what makes you grateful.

Because a job can be lost, a face ruined - even temporarily as I am so grateful for -  a life of a friend lost too soon, a . . . but I am grateful to still have a family, dear friends, a face, a . . .life.

More in my next post, once formulated in my head . . .

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal 

No comments:

Post a Comment