Saturday, October 5, 2013

French Fries, Cowboy Eggs and . . . a Date

French Fries, Cowboy Eggs and . . . a Date

Well, y'all (sorry- I seem to be starting off a lot of posts like this...) Rarely a dull moment in CN Land, that's for sure.

I work lots of long hours at The Restaurant, and often have a bite of something here and there, or get done late and am so tired I'm not even sure I'm hungry (and most certainly don't want to cook!). But last night, I got off early - read: before midnight - and thought I'd venture next door to a place I'd been meaning to try for a while now.

Watershed on Peachtree. I highly recommend, if only for the decor and ambiance (though the lighting is just a skosh too low) - and for the many things I want to try off the menu and the cool people I met. More on that to follow.

I was in that stage of not-sure-if-I'm-really-hungry, so rather than a "real" order, I went with a salty staple: French fries . . . 

Deliciousness!

And I found an interesting person sitting next to me, with whom to share them. Hmmm... turns out, this man and I know people in common, had a schmorgasbord (sp?) of things to chit chat over and, well, he kissed me on the cheek as he walked me to the car - and we're having dinner next week.

Y'all.

I don't even know what to think about all this - except - maybe it's time. Maybe it's good. Maybe I've at least met a new person who will be a smart addition to my life.

So what did I do when I woke up today? Made myself Cowboy Eggs - 


Hee!
Ok, that was meant to be funny but they really looked like this - 

Mmm, call them Cowboy Eggs, Eggs-in-a-Hole, whatever- perfect breakfast for one!
Add a little canteloupe and it was perfect fortification to start the day. Many things seem to always be happening in Carrie Neal Land these days - ha, always? - and, well, maybe I should be up for the next chapters and new adventures . . . stay tuned.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment