Friday, February 20, 2015

Me Want Cookies

If you know me, it's to eat with me. If you know me, you know I'd really take fries over cookies any day.

But . . . coming home means eating cookies, fries, and lots more.

That whole food-is-love thing is true in my life. Being home is wonderful for just that reason: family and friends, food and love.

Simple.

I've missed Atlanta for many reasons, including the time, opportunity and choice of places to eat with those I love. Highbrow - please go to St. Cecilia, if you haven't been - to new-to-me pizza spots - again, please go to Avellino's if you haven't been - to old school, down and dirty Mex - you've been to Taxco, right? - to anything else that sounds tasty that day or night.

But I've really missed Atlanta for the communion over all this food. I'm like a kid in a candy shop catching up with people over it. From take out for Dad and me while Mom's at the beach, to coffee (fine, kinda like dessert since my Starbucks had that new tiramisu flavor added in), from old easy faves like big slices at Fellini's and salmon apps (or, ahem, fries) at Houston's, I am in home foodie heaven. (Have you gotten tacos at a Buford Hwy spot lately? Brunched at a fave place? Eaten a great filet in style? Hmmm. Food for thought.)

This post is silly and lacking in import - except for the message that food nourishes us for a lot of reasons. I'm just lucky that one reason is that I get to spend time with people I love. When it's (often) over food, it's even better.

Bottom line: eat your vegetables. And so much more. As the saying goes, "The world is a smorgasbord."

Go find an oyster.





Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment