Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Sweetest Birthday Ever!

It was tiramisu. For my birthday. I love tiramisu and I love the Boy more. He flew me to New York for the day, for my birthday - a surprise he sprang on me the day before . . .

He took me to lunch at the place my daddy took me on my first-ever visit to NYC, for my 13th birthday, and he remembered the story I'd told him at some point (and we share a love of Italian so it was a great bet all-around).

This is part of what inspired me to launch my new website - food and relationships - two of my most favorite things (we'll get to shoes, later!!) - and how they connect. How we bond over a meal or a drink - how food plays an integral part in our romantic and our family relationships - how we care for people, whether out or at home, with something as simple as a cheese plate or as fancy as a prix-fixe dinner. This inspires me. To love, enjoy and care for people I adore - and listen and talk over a good meal - these are the things of which life is made of, if you do it right.

Stay tuned for my adventures in life, food and love. It'll be an interesting journey!

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal



No comments:

Post a Comment