Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Breakfast For One

One thing I have discovered in the past several years is how much I love cooking for people. I love cooking in general now, but I especially love doing it for someone(s) I love.

The Boy works crazy hours. He travels a lot and he's often in the office on weekends. But he makes time for me - we typically eat one to three meals a day together and I have to sneak to pay the check sometimes, as he always does. He is so good to me.

We're also both insomniacs. Seriously, we have discussed needing to be "put away" for two weeks or something in a sanatorium (is that word even used these days?) and drugged so we can sleep.

So when we had dinner last night and he texted me several hours later to see if I was still up - of course I was, though it was after 1am - and told me he was on the way to the office to pull an all-nighter . . . what did I do?

I stayed up and made him food. I know how he is - he'll work till he's beyond exhausted, he'll forget to eat unless our friend downstairs who runs a cafe takes him something because she saw his car in the office lot at 6am and knew he'd been there hours, or he'll finally take a break for "lunch," (this could mean what I call "linner- lunch + dinner" as he doesn't get to it till 4pm) but likely take work with him.

So in the middle of the night, what made my heart happy? Making blueberry muffins and my special deviled eggs (they have pimento cheese and bacon in them and you would looove them!) and I added some fresh, end-of-summer canteloupe and a card. We do that, because we're schmoopy, and give each other cards. This one had Pooh on the cover and was blank inside, so I could write a quote inside:
"“How do you spell 'love'?" - Piglet
"You don't spell it...you feel it." - Pooh” 
― A.A. Milne

You can also do it with food, or attention, or time. All, actually.
This is stuff of which life is made.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal
Because this picture is better than the one of my own eggs (theirs inspired mine!),
here's a shot of the
delicious H&F selection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment