Friday, February 22, 2013

Food. Is. Love.

Food. Is. Love.

Indeed.

In many ways - some good, some not so much - it is.

I've been a bit distracted in various ways recently but when I realized it had been almost a month since I posted here, I realized that one of the things that anchors me - even when I'm not feeling well, or I'm busy or stressed or - whatever - is food. It's likely been this way my whole life, growing up Southern as I did, or having dealt with eating issues or eventually expanding my palate extremely and developing a love for food and related adventures that truly inspires me . . .

Which leads me to the original premise: Food. Is. Love.

I was reminded of this yesterday, when I had a rough morning and the sweet Boy met me for lunch after. I can get easily annoyed when orders are some version of wrong (that's material for another post) but he is exceptionally patient with me when I get "that way." His hand on my knee when our (not-very-good) waitress brought out something a little off - it calmed me, and all was right. I more needed to commune with him conversationally - though he did enjoy the repast.

A little fried zucchini and I was ok - I do still have that leftover pasta . . .


Ultimately, the food (this time, at least) was a backdrop to our connection. No waitresses or staff were harmed in the visit, and CN was talked down from the ledge. For that, I owe him thanks -he fed me, in just the way I needed then.

Food for thought.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment