Saturday, August 3, 2013

Birthday Girl

Well, Happy Birthday to ME!

It's been awhile since I've posted and a lot - a LOT - has changed in Carrie Neal Land . . . 

Love Bites has meant a whole smorgasbord of different things over the last six weeks since I last checked in with y'all . . . from artichoke love to heartbreak, from daily cooking at home to working in a restaurant again, from last year's whirlwind birthday celebration in NYC to this year's - contemplative - festivities . . .

August 3 is always a Big Deal for this girl. Originally, it was like this . . .


Then later . . .

Ashy and me at the Ritz - how '80s are we here??
This . . .

17th Birthday Girl
Or this . . .

My 18th Birthday Surprise Party!
Or one year, this . . .

My parents at my 2002 wedding birthday!
And last year, it was this . . .

Ok, not really us, but it felt like that . . .

This . . .

The Real Us, on my whirlwind surprise trip to NYC.
And even this . . . 

 
He remembered the special place Dad took me on my 13th birthday trip to NYC . . .

So, yeah, my birthday has always been a big day in my world. This year, though, it's kind of rough. It's not the age - shh! if you know the number, you know, and if you don't, I'm not telling! - it's the situation. 

See, I am re-building - and re-cooking - my life. In the past six weeks, I've gotten a new job (more to follow about Mexican food very soon!), broken up with the Sweet Man, moved and dealt with death and other personal issues. So I've been busy.

And emotional. "Let them eat cake" is excellent advice from Marie Anotinette as far as certain people are concerned; "Now is the time for guts and guile" is another, for myself, courtesy of Elizabeth Taylor.

But this girl still makes sure there are fleurs on her birthday . . .

I will always make sure to get my own flowers if need be!

eggs for breakfast, and love to be appreciated. There may not be big parties or passionate kisses this year, but it's still my day.

Like I said, Happy Birthday to ME! Looking forward to the new year ahead.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal



No comments:

Post a Comment