Thursday, February 6, 2014

Feed Me, Chattanooga!

Feed Me, Chattanooga! 

[Note: I am writing this with one of my Jupiter Coyote faves, "Crazy Women" in the background. Seems apt.]

Spending a little time in this lovely town - boy has it changed since the years I was here as a little girl! - has so far been quite interesting.

Let's stick to the topic of food, for now. Y'all know I love to dish about that!

Since I've been here, I've been exposed to the bad (actually, the absolute worst) of "cuisine" here - refer to my last post, *shudder* - so let's move on from that. The good news is that I've subsequently found some good, great even, eats as I've explored the city, especially downtown, whether for my own sustenance, just out of curiosity to observe, or eating some place where I might want to work (the restaurant world may lure me back again during my time in TN...). Examples (in no particular order except yumminess):


The awesome (and huge) club salad I got Tues and was able to re-chef ingreds into an omelet Wed!

Egg-in-a-hole at my current awesome digs, Crash Pad Chattanooga!

Delicious "Russian schachi" soup at my  new fave food store, Enzo's!

Grilled pimento cheese with bacon. Enough said.


And of course, the grilled cheese truck of love!

MMM, good, as Campbell's would say. Speaking of which - 


It's actually copied from Progresso, but I adore stoving up Chickarina soup, adding spinach....

Oh, and have you ever had duck prosciutto? I hadn't till the other night - 


With a little arugula, crostini and a sharp, grainy mustard? Awesome.


So, my culinary adventures are on the upswing. I've learned there are a lot of yummy options here in Chattanooga; I've also learned to get by when just a fridge and microwave are at my disposal (I will never, I repeat never, eat in a cafeteria like *that* one again, so I'll work with what I have). I've also gotten even better at observing other people's dishes when I am not partaking myself, which actually adds a new third-person type view of the dining landscape.

Food - good, necessary, interesting. As I'm getting wiser on my little relo time, my stomach is finding a way to stay happy.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment