Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Grilled Cheese, Microwaved Eggs, and Snow Days

Grilled Cheese, Microwaved Eggs, and Snow Days

Sigh.

Vegetables? Not much luck.

Healthy food. Pretty much ix-nay on that, either.

Scrambled eggs made in the microwave?? Yep.

I simply hate being cooped up and this damn weather is driving me nuts. Peanut M&M's bought for Valentine's Day in hopes of fun days ahead (ok, at least more pleasant days) eaten before lunch because I am so bored, do not a healthy diet make.

So far, my little jaunt to Chattanooga is really turning out not to be so fun. That darling little food truck with glorious grilled cheeses of all kinds that I found the other day? Definitely down for the count during this weather. A microwaved grilled cheese just isn't the same as one from here - 


Super William's awesome grilled cheese truck in downtown Chattavegas.

Forget the amazing frozen yogurt I got the other day, too. Too cold for it to even wander downtown to see if my favorite spot is open (guessing that would be a wild longshot, anyway).

I was back on the track of eating so healthily before I left home, and really can't put into words fit for print the misery that has been my edible options here. Sharing a fridge, too, is for the birds. It's not for this bird, at least.

I am writing this from the nearby Whole Foods - I braved the sunny but iced and snowed over and simply frigid weather to get to the closest WiFi - and, frankly, it's almost worse looking at all the healthy (hell, at this point the not-as-healthy options sound better since comfort food is all I am craving, honestly) things I can't cook (no stove or even toaster) when I stroll around one of my typical happy places when I have a real kitchen with which to work.

Do I sound really cranky yet? Indeed I am.

This is what I am dealing with, weather wise:


Yes, Atlantans, I feel your pain - except there are NO salt trucks here and Chattanoogans are worse than Atlantans when this kind of weather hits . . .

And this is the kind of stuff the cafe in my building serves on any given day:


Seriously? Not a chance this is passing these lips.

Which makes me feel hangry and like this:


Never thought I'd relate to South Park quite like this...

As I try not to throw a complete, juvenile (even if mostly warranted) tantrum, I ponder what kind of healthy soup I can concoct in my microwave . . .While dreaming of a meal like this:


Ahh, arugula salad with Parmesan and my lemon and olive oil vinaigrette . . .

Oh, the sweet thought- and many things  I could do - with a rotisserie chicken . . .

Alas.

Can I please go home now?

Sigh. I should sign this "Angry Carrie Neal." I will show some restraint - for now at least and say . . .

Yours,
Love (really) Bites,
Carrie Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment