Monday, March 25, 2013

Gone Fishin'

So, last night was a joint labor of love - using leftovers from the Mexican fajita lunch The Boy and I had Saturday and adding my own ingredients, I made dinner for both me and Dad when he got home from golf.

See, J doesn't usually take leftovers home and if I do, I usually don't eat them (though we eat out all the time - not to sound too wasteful, we're really pretty good about ordering and sharing so as not to have leftovers; however, when I don't feel well, he ends up eating what he wants and stuff is leftover . . .as happened Saturday). 

I spent the day at home and had some tilapia I wanted to cook. Hmm, I thought - what to do?? Fish tacos! I had cheese and fresh tortillas, and leftover (and awesome) veggies and a little steak from our previous day's meal (which I added to Dad's version), so I prepared what I thought - and Dad thought, when he was pleasantly surprised upon returning home from golf - was quite a tasty repast . . . 


Pan-seared tilapia - I have various recipes but just did an egg/panko crust seasoned with s&p and garlic powder this time . . . message me if you love tilapia too and need ideas!
After making the fish, I heated some large soft tortillas - 

And juiced up the leftover veggies with some fresh ones, and made some new rice - 
Portabellas, red pepper, zucchini, squash - so good!
And voila, homemade fish tacos. Thanks to The Boy, time on my hands and wanting to make something nice for my dad, a lovely dinner was had. Resourceful, that's me! Happy tummies, that's we!

Creativity rocks, in the kitchen and everywhere else.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment