Saturday, September 7, 2013

No, I didn't eat the dog . . .

No, I didn't eat the dog.

She was too cute!!

My new friend Tootie . . . 


Late on a Friday night/Saturday morning! Doggie love is always good.
Yes, I kept hearing "The Jeffersons" theme song in my head.

Yesterday was funny. I woke up late because I slept too restlessly the night before. So I didn't have time for much fortification before work like I try to do - usually fruit and some kind of protein, at least cheese - and only had time for a quick snack before I was back for the dinner shift. You can imagine how upsetting it was when we were working, and a manager brought back an untouched platter of chicken and beef (skirt steak, y'all!!) fajitas that someone didn't like for some reason, and instead of throwing it out per protocol - we waste too much food, just sayin' - and let us have it . . .and I made a small "taco" with meat and a little guac - which was GONE when I came back three minutes later after helping someone else run food to a table. I had one bite.

Sigh.

Who eats someone else's bitten-into taco? Obviously, someone I work with at The Restaurant.

Anyhoo, I finished a bit before my girlfriend E, co-owner of the dog in said picture, and we went out after work. She got some kind of crazy burger at the place we like to go across the street. I had a few fries.

All this made me think  . . . do you eat late-night if you haven't eaten - or nothing available sounds good - or do you just chalk it up to something like "Oh well, I will deal with it tomorrow?" . . .do you think such a question is kind of weird and it doesn't make any sense to you?

I am the I'll-deal-with-it-tomorrow type and this morning this girl was (kind of) hungry and willing to eat (sort of). So my solution was breakfast at a great spot . . .


Tuscano egg delight at Highland Bakery
. . . of which I ate maybe a quarter. It was delicious, don't get me wrong. But is there a point where you're too hungry to be hungry - or you just . . don't care?

I love E and I love my Mom, with whom I had said breakfast. But I couldn't eat (much). We went to the farmer's market after brunch so I have some good stuff I could make for dinner. Now the question is- will I? And if I do, the next question is - will I eat it or just take annoying, unprofessional pictures of it?

Food for thought (and more questions). . .

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal



No comments:

Post a Comment