Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Orange, Pink, and Black

Well, hell, y'all.

Orange maybe the new black but pink is my favorite color and black still factors into my life . . .

Damn, Sam. As they say.

Let me break it down for you: here's the quickest recap this verbose girl can manage . . .

I just read the amazing memoir by Piper Kerman - 

Wanna know the story behind the Netlfix original series, "Orange is the New Black"? Here you go - 


Read the true story of a little blonde girl who goes to prison and learn a lot . . .

Outstanding. Such a brave and honest story. More notes on this later...

Maybe that's what made me put on my orange scarf, a sweet gift from J last Christmas, when home with the flu last night and today, freezing, and feeling - honestly? - totally bummed about the holidays . . . 




Which brings me to the fact that I dislike most things "orange." Pumpkin - eh. Oranges, deuces. A scarf gift or two - and tonight I actually did my own highlights for the first time ever, but they didn't turn out - ah, ok . . . 

But pink, pink, you always have me. And today when nothing was ok - between being alone for the holiday weekend, or having the flu, or . . . anything - well, throwing up on the bathroom floor/toilet is a little better when you can reach to someone via cell and it has a pink cover. Pink makes it better when you are home from the doctor and can put on a pink tee with your comfies, as one of my high school girl friends always called pj's.

And black? Black is love, in this form - who wouldn't feel better (or even when the patient dare to disturb THIS posed on your feet?) - 


Luke keeping me warm and safe.

I can't stand Thanksgiving - it has been my least favorite holidays for years: I hate most of the typical foods, I have too many anorexic and food-phobic memories tied to it (and I just can't fucking eat mashed potatoes!!!!!!!). 

And I wasn't invited to our family Thanksgiving this year. And it was decided, then I was told. So some Waldens will be doing this - 


Enjoying the view at Wild Dunes...

And I won't. Christmas details, to follow- I have been told I'm not included in that either. Y'all get ready for the dramatic details, but they shall follow. Oh, they will.

Here's what I know today, and on what I am trying to focus: I have a beautiful orange scarf with special meaning to me, a pink phone case I love that a sweet friend bought when he helped me get my new phone, and a precious black doggus who loves his mommy even when not many others do . . . and I am trying to focus on the good. And be grateful.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie! I'm Heather and I hoping you would be able to answer a question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather- sorry for the delay but I just emailed you! Carrie Neal

      Delete