Thursday, October 4, 2012

Debate This

Most of you probably watched the debate last night - or like me you watched it on YouTube today - and have your opinion of both candidates and the issues. I will sum up my opinions by saying this: they should have debated chicken vs. beef, Northern vs. Southern Italian cuisine, tuna carpaccio vs. beef . . . something useful.

So, yes, I'm making light of what are very real issues facing all Americans on some level. But, honestly, at the end of the day, did we really get anywhere last night? Were anyone's opinions actually changed? Or did we just listen to over an hour of smug yet flat-footed pontificating from our President, and alternate versions of "we agree on x but not on y" then getting off-topic completely, and enough facts and figures thrown out that who knows which are true (note to self: refer to post-debate fact checkers)? I'd much rather have heard the two gentlemen talk about their favorite meal, whether they eat left-overs (there's a budget idea for you!), even what their personal opinions are of broccoli.

Yes, who is it you want to be our next leader is a very important question. But so is what's for dinner. You can probably surmise where I stand on this election, though you might be surprised at some of my reasoning, but I'd much rather hear your opinions and share mine on the perfect steak or whether you prefer ranch or blue cheese with your wings (and what's your favorite flavor, mine being lemon pepper and yes, I do eat my wings with a knife and fork- don't you?). I'm just saying . . . I don't know that I believe a lot of what comes out of either candidate's mouth right now - I mean, each is trying to win an election not trying to lead right now (though I give far more credence to one than the other) - but I'd still rather hear about what their last meals on earth would be or whether they trust people who don't eat meat. Now that would be interesting banter! Just sayin' . . .

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

Now . . . This is something worth discussing! http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/all-we-can-eat/post/the-day-frank-ruta-served-broccoli-to-george-bush/2012/09/06/ae58bd68-f838-11e1-8398-0327ab83ab91_blog.html
Former White House Chef and owner and Executive Chef of  DC's Palena, who once infamously served a broccoli  dish to President George H.W. Bush at the First Lady's suggestion - it was not a hit! But based on this (http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/restaurants/palena-dining-room,1027102.html) I definitely want to dine at his restaurant next time I'm in DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment