Thursday, October 4, 2012

"You and Your Pink Sky"

So I'm feeling a little . . . something tonight (the boy is gone and it's National Taco Day, two unrelated topics, but I'm just kinda feeling harrumph-ish . . .) and watching SATC, yet again.

It's not one of my favorite episodes, the one where the girls go to Atlantic City, in Season Five, but there's one particular moment I love. Carrie's sitting on the boardwalk eating her saltwater taffy (I've never been a big fan, but I digress . . . ) and she is mulling over life choices, relationships, whether she really thinks she'll find True Love or if her girlfriends are enough . . . and she overhears this sweet older couple talking.

They've obviously been together a long time and know each other well. He teases her, sweetly, about whether she has her bikini on under her clothes so they can go skinny-dipping (her response: "You know there's nothing skinny about either of us!" in a light-hearted tone) and she asks if he wants to go inside. Their next exchange is my favorite part: Him: "It's almost sunset. Let's wait a minute or so." Her: "You and your pink sky (happy sigh)." It's so sweet, so basic, so intimate.

The boy is away right now and I miss him. When I saw that scene, I immediately thought "Ha! Like how he eats sandwiches with a knife and fork. And has this way of placing his finger against his mouth when contemplating something he wants to say. And sometimes just needs what he calls his "biscuit product" at our favorite breakfast place, and all's right with the world. And . . ." All the little things you get to know and love (or at least fondly tolerate, in some cases) about your special someone.

See, sometimes celluloid love is just like real life love. Taffy, sunsets, biscuits, bikinis, and more. . .

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

Carrie in Atlantic City, SATC Season 5

No comments:

Post a Comment