Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lilies and Love


So Sunday, my sweet man took me out to brunch. As much as I love the food at TreeHouse, I could only eat a little of their artichoke dip I love so much. My appetite is still hit-or-miss after all my recent medical difficulties. He enjoyed his huevos rancheros muchly, and we had a nice brunch on the whole.

However, he worries and thinks about me when I haven't been able to eat and a bit after he took me home from our repast, he showed back up . . . with dinner for me (my fave mozzarella pasta from Whole Foods - that good kind with the smoked mozz, penne and sundried tomato - tenderloin, and veggies). And Calla Lilies. My absolute favorite flower ever.

So sweet, and much appreciated. Food and flowers - even if I only eat the food bits at a time these days, I always grin like a Cheshire cat at fleurs - they so make this girl happy. And I love him even more for knowing how to make me smile, even when I don't really feel like it.

It's the little things that are so big.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal



No comments:

Post a Comment