Sunday, October 28, 2012

Buddy Ro Day

Today was, quite simply, one of the best days I have had in quite awhile. 

As Luke and I have gotten to know each other- and given my penchant for chattering aloud to my pet(s) and calling them by various nicknames (Big was usually "Baby Dog") - I finally settled in on a few favorites. Variations on Luke, of course ("Lucas," "Sir Luke," etc) and my most recent and favorite, "Buddy Ro." It started as "bubby" or "buddy," but somehow evolved into Buddy Ro. Yesterday, when the boy and I were enjoying a lovely fall afternoon, I called Luke this . . . wouldn't you know? It was what the boy's grandfather used to call him, which I didn't know. It was a funny and cute coincidence.

My boys!

Today, I got to spend nearly all day with both of my Buddy Ro's. We wanted a low-key, relaxed kind of day for a lot of reasons on both sides, so he came over for a leisurely lunch and a movie (a "boy" movie, at his request - enter "Shawshank Redemption," a very appreciated choice). I got up early so I could figure out what to make us - he's cooked for me before, an elaborate brunch, but I'd only made him a small breakfast to take to the office one time when he pulled an all-nighter, so I wanted to come up with something he'd enjoy. Enter one of my favorite pizza recipes, with shaved asparagus, garlic, mozzarella and Boursin, then roast chicken and sauteed mushrooms (admission: he cooked the mushrooms and they were delicious). Add in a whiskey for him and a bottle of wine and we had the most lovely Sunday. Good food and better conversation (of almost entirely the light variety, which was good for both of us), cuddling on the couch. Sir Doggus and the original Buddy Ro were both happy campers - me, too.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal


Deliciousness!




No comments:

Post a Comment