Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dinner with a Friend

One of my favorite friends and I had dinner last night - our "holiday" dinner, albeit belated, but lovely as our meals always are.

We went to Your Dekalb Farmers Market in the morning to procure ingredients and we had a feast! I was mostly in charge of cooking and prep . . . .

From salad and avocado bruschetta to start - 

Who knew Boursin would be so good on a salad?? Yum!


To the main event: delicious meat lasagna and even better spaghetti sauce that his mom made . . .

Y'all! Amazing spaghetti sauce.
Such a nice meal on a rainy winter night. Lucas joined along, we watched some movie (he tries to pick things I like even though I usually fall asleep halfway through!) - oh! and his mom's butterscotch cookies which were heavenly.

I've known this friend for five or so years now and we eat out (he's great with Scoutmob, Groupon, etc) and sometimes we eat in, one of us cooking. He's been great to me in so many ways over the years - and to Big and now Luke - and I hope I've been great to him as well. Making dinner at his house was my pleasure and joy. 

Sometimes, a rough week or a rainy day is simply made better by good company and good food. Tuesday was such for me! I am grateful.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

PS - When I inevitably wake up from the couch and he's gone to bed, I can clean the kitchen up then watch TV - a treat since I don't have cable! Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment