Sunday, January 13, 2013

"I Am So In Love With You . . ."

Y'all know that Al Green song - "Let's Stay Together" - right??

Well, tonight I've been mulling over a few things during my "Ally McBeal" marathon. If you remember, she had a thing for, as she called them, "theme songs" - imaginary characters, dead famous people, all kinds of folks would show up during various episodes. And the latest ones I've been watching have featured Al. It's pretty funny, in a kitschy 90's kind of way . . . 

And it made me think of things and people I love. The Boy, who  just got back from a quick trip and another of my favorite things that will happen in the morning -  we're "having eggs" as we call it in the morning - what should I have?

How cute would this be for Valentine's?? Don't think they serve this at our regular spot so I'll keep it in mind for home!

He loves his "biscuit product" - 

Usually he just gets sausage and cheese- sometimes with egg. . .
Or maybe we'll share some kind of schmancier Benedict product, if we feel indulgent - 


What am I getting at? Food and love. I'm so in love with him, it's crazy. And some of my favorite moments with him are over food. It's one of the cornerstones of our relationship - communing over food, whether an excellent steak dinner, Chinese take out on the couch with a movie that we usually mute or have to rewind multiple times because we talk over the scenes, or . . . eggs. 

Love, and food. Any of us is blessed to have a bounty of either - but it's the ultimate when there's both.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal


No comments:

Post a Comment