Friday, January 18, 2013

Night at the Office, Morning at the Waffle House!!

So yesterday, the Boy and I had a late-ish dinner at one of our usual spots. We needed steak for fortitude, we thought! Turns out, we were right. 

He knew he was going to have to pull an all-nighter at the office, adjacent to our dinner spot (how convenient!), and yet we didn't really want to end our "date." Solution? Get a bottle of wine and head up to his office so we can spend time together - him at his desk, working away, and me on the sofa with my laptop (and, er, a brief nap!). It was actually a really fun, cozy night. I love seeing him so focused and concentrated on accomplishing an important task. I am good at keeping myself occupied so we were a companionable and peaceful pair.

Which brings me to - what do you do for breakfast after such a night (and by breakfast, I don't mean one of our leisurely ones at Another Broken Egg, our fave spot- 

ie - this...
We love the Popeye Scramble at ABE!

I mean a brief pre-7am reprieve before he had to get back to the office.)

Waffle House, of course!!

The corner WaHo just down the street - one of my faves!

This is a WaHo with a lot of regulars and it was bustling today - so fun to observe the comings and goings. After a long and fairly quiet night, the atmosphere was perfect.

To our rescue, a mini-feast and coffee . . . a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich (on Texas toast, of course) and hashbrowns to share -

Sometimes you just need one of their breakfast sandwiches.
And, for him, a waffle (confession: I have never actually eaten a waffle at Waffle House!) - 

And sometimes you just need a waffle (too!)
A break from work for him, fortification for us both, our usual pleasant and interesting conversation - even when you're tired after a long night, this is a pretty swell way to start the next day!

WaHo - always there when you need it!

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment