Friday, January 4, 2013

Egg-o-Rama!!

Y'all! Shut the front door. Did you know how easy it is to make eggs - in the microwave?? I didn't, til last week, really - my oven is out and I wanted eggs, and had a vague recollection of my mom making microwave scrambled eggs at some point when I was a kid, so I started researching recipes . . . 

Fast. Easy. Delicious. I found a treasure trove of micro egg recipes (from scrambled to burritos to . . .) and my fave so far is super easy and tasty- and, an interesting factoid, they actually come out a little "runny/poached" instead of dry scrambled in a pan. Today, I had egg and cheese with leftover rice - so yummy!

If you're interested - here's how I do it: use a large coffee mug (10-12 oz), two eggs with a Tb or two of milk, salt and pepper to taste (coat the mug with cooking spray or butter if you like), heat 1 min then stir; add cheese or other toppings (ham, onion, etc) and heat another 1-2 mins. Done!

Here's to many egg discoveries in 2013!

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

Egg in a cup! Done in under three minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment