Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Huge "Thank You" - from the heart and stomach . . .

I am a lucky and blessed girl. And despite some very real and fast-impending challenges upon me, I have to stop and recognize that there are so many people in my life who love me, who worry about and pray for me, who are there for me in ways big and small . . . I'm overwhelmed by it, truly.

Since I've been out of the hospital, I've been grateful that a number of dear people in my life have made it a point to take me to lunch or dinner, buy me healthy food to stock my fridge, check to see if I'm actually eating said groceries (or at all) and if I'm able to keep my food and meds down. Not only do I appreciate all of this - but I will admit that I need it. I need people who care asking after my eating habits and offering whatever they can (that chicken soup I love from Jalisco? bananas for upping my potassium per doctor's orders? to get out of the house at least for a bit and be around people and order whatever sounds good on the menu? My family and friends are wily, persistent and, kind, and don't easily take "no" for an answer when they know their stubborn girl needs more of a nudge than normal).

And partly because of their collective efforts (it scares me a little that now so many have each other's numbers and could easily work out some crazy shenanigans with me likely being none the wiser), and partly because of my own resolve to get healthy, food has once again proven a key link in the circles of life and happiness.

Now, off to brunch with a dear old friend and her husband - what could be better than a Fried Green Tomato "BLT" on a sunny patio with old friends? Today, nothing. Oh, indeed, I am a lucky girl.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal


Love MoSaic's Fried Green Tomato sandwich (add bacon, of course!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment