Monday, September 3, 2012

Oh, My . . .He-Artichoke

The Boy knows how to feed me. We dine out almost daily, and often for multiple meals. We have a few favorite haunts and since we dine so easily together - by that I mean, we quite naturally decide on what to order, what to share, etc (which is sooo wonderful). He is always gracious about what I want but also voices his opinion when strong on the subject of ordering this vs. that; it is a perfect combination. He also knows about my past eating struggles (I'm sure we'll get into that in future posts) and is patient with me when I'm indecisive and also knows when to take the lead when I mean it when I say, "You decide what to get for us."

After my meeting at Parental HQ yesterday, we met up for a late lunch at one of our recent favorite spots. I was hungry but a bit emotional so I left it to him to order something for us.

We've gotten in the habit of starting with the roasted artichoke appetizer at this spot before we decide on something else (he knows I can be peckish if we don't get something started, depending on the time of day or how in-the-mood-for-a-specific-something I'm feeling). It is delicious.

What I didn't know about the grand artichoke (until I did some research just now) is that it has restorative/digestive powers related to the kidneys, liver, and gallbladder.They are also good for fighting high cholesterol. And here, I just thought they were yummy!!  You can learn a lot at Lifescripts site (http://www.lifescripts.com)  if you want to learn more about the lovely artichoke.

Sometimes, a good meal with a favorite food is just what the doctor (or the Boyfriend) ordered.

Next time you see grilled artichokes on a menu somewhere, or want to add a "different" vegetable to your rotation at home (hmmm, pasta? grilling? so many choices) . . . consider going for it!

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal


Grilled artichoke with herb aioli

No comments:

Post a Comment