Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy heart, Happy tummy . . .

I got out of the hospital a little over a week ago (Sunday the 9th) and as I've mentioned, so many people dear to me have tended to me in every way that I can never thank them enough.

Groceries brought - thank you, darling Godmother - house cleaned and supplies like water and diet Sprite and such supplied - thank you, sweet Mother - and friends who took me out for lunch or dinner.  All kinds of good souls checking in on me to make sure I'm eating, sleeping, etc and getting better and taking good care of myself.

I keep mentioning my hospital stay in posts because I can't quite believe I was sick enough to be kept for almost six days, and to go through all the things (tests, vital stats, etc) I did - it's surreal. I've done a lot to my body over the years - from abusing it with underfeeding to excercise purgatory . . . but I've always been "ok." Or so I thought.

Well, maybe in my 30s,"it" has caught up with me. It's time to . . . sleep, to eat even better (I've been a pretty healthy eater over the last few years but now it's clear I have to step up my game). So today, when I had a banana for breakfast with some OJ (I found out during my hospital stay I was dangerously Potassium deficient) and then an early-ish lunch of a grilled artichoke and a lean beef slider with ketchup, mustard and lots of water . . . I feel like I'm covering my bases better. Thankfully, I have the Boy and my family and friends who alternately cajole, check-in and convince me to a) eat something, b) eat something good and healthy for me, c) pace myself and not get stressed, just take it bite by bite and d) keep working on being healthy.

See, food and love and health -  it all rolls together when you let it. And I promise to let it. I am so thankful for the people tending to me and to the God who has guarded this body for 36 years - it's time for me to make sure I take good care of it for me, for Him, and for all of those who care about me.

Yours,
Love Bites,
Carrie Neal

Yummy beef sliders at Cheesecake Factory!

No comments:

Post a Comment